Although exercise programs can certainly assist elite athletes, they are also extremely beneficial to those who need improved mobility, are undergoing rehabilitation from injury or surgery and people who suffer a wide range of potentially debilitating medical conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more.
It can also assist with those seeking or wishing to retain flexibility and mobility. Exercise has also been used to assist people, particularly the ageing, with stability to avoid falls.
Although this practice focuses on helping those with chronic conditions, pain or in need of rehabilitation, exercise physiologists can also work with elite athletes to help them improve performance and ability.
Exercise Physiology South’s services – appointments and exercise consultations (both individual and group) are conducted at
- 3/3 Commerce Crescent, Victor Harbor
- ACH, 175 Main South Road, Yankalilla
- Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre
- In your home
Patients can access services through self-referral or through a referral from their GP.
Our services include:
- One-on-one assessments of individual health and physical ability and/or disability with appropriate exercise prescription, including home based programs;
- One-on-one exercise sessions in a range of settings including in-office, in nursing home, gym, pool or outdoors;
- Group settings, for example for T2DM exercise groups and groups for the elderly to address functional movement and balance.
- Specialised sessions for those undergoing cancer treatment.
Exercise Physiology South’s accredited practitioner, Glenys Williams, has extensive experience in running and establishing AEP supervised gym and pool sessions for those who are capable but not confident of using traditional gym facilities. Those who attend her sessions find it is a positive environment and her services are much appreciated by those she has worked with.
CLICK HERE to read what some clients have said about Exercise Physiology South.